VOLUNTARILY COLLECTED INFORMATION
We receive, and may store, personal information you provide to us through our website. For example, we collect information that you provide when you log into a password-protected portion of our site, send us an email, call us, or apply for employment. This information may include but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your mailing address;
- your billing address;
- your e-mail address;
- your phone number;
- data regarding your vehicle inventory;
- in the case of employment applications, your work history, education, and references.
When you visit this site we will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. For purposes of this privacy statement, personally identifiable information is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, street address, telephone number, and email. If you opt not to provide us with personally identifiable information you will still be able access our website, however some features, programs or content may not be available to you.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
Our web servers automatically receive certain types of information automatically. This information may be used by us to operate the website and to provide general statistics regarding the use of the website. No personal information about you is revealed in this process. This information may include but is not limited to:
- your domain name and IP address(es);
- date and time of visits;
- the type of browser you use;
- the website from which your visit originated;
- visit duration and frequency.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to;
- personalize your browsing experience;
- process online operations you request, such as validating log-in credentials;
- inform you of products and promotions that we think may be of interest to you;
- Respond to your comments or requests for information;
- Develop new and improved products, services and marketing;
- Generate site analytics that improve our site layout, content, product offerings and services;
- Match personal data collected here with data about you that we collect through other sources;
- Comply with legal requirements.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to independent parties without your consent, other than as intrinsically necessary to complete a user-authorized request. This prohibition does not apply to Peterson subsidiary companies and business partners we trust to process company-confidential data on our behalf. No one is permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for this site.
This site provides links to other independent websites Peterson does not own, administer or control. These links do not constitute or infer any responsibility by Peterson for the privacy statements, content or data handling practices on other websites.
We may also release your information when we believe such release is appropriate to comply with the law or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. When in good faith such action deemed is necessary, we will disclose your personally identifiable information without notice to:
- enforce our site policies;
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process;
- protect and defend the rights, property and/or safety of Peterson, our affiliates and associates, site visitors, and/or the general public.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by contacting us through the CONTACTS link at the bottom of this page.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
This is a general audience website; it is not directed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any child under the age of 13 at this website, nor do we knowingly send email correspondence to anyone under the age of 13. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us through the CONTACTS link at the bottom of this page if they want this information deleted from our records. We will then make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database that stores information for this site.